I wanted to take some time to recommend to you some materials you can use to disciple your young children. We believe that you are your child’s primary discipler. These are resources I use with my kids, and love how my kids respond to them. They are engaging, well-written, and really provide a platform to talk about the right things with your kids.
In my opinion, whether or not you interact this way is much more important than whether your kids are public, private, or home schooled. This kind of interaction is even more important than how involved you have them in church programs. We want your kids to be very involved, as the church can really partner with you in teaching them the gospel, but nothing comes even close to how you are instructing them at home.
- Jesus Storybook Bible
- Big Picture Story Bible
- Big Truths for Little Kids
- Big Truths for Little Thinkers: The Gospel, The Scripture, The Mission, The Trinity
- Hero Tales: A Family Treasury of True Stories from the Lives of Christian Heroes. Vol. 1-4
- Long Story Short: Ten Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God
- The ESV Family Study Bible
Books we would recommend you read as parents: