According to Ephesians 4:11 it is the saints who do the primary work of the ministry, and us pastors that to do the equipping.
Below are a few websites that can help you think through living missional each day in your community and at work.
This list provides some very practical and non-abrasive ways to simply get to know and ultimately share Christ with your co-workers. Here are a few:
- Make a list of your co-worker’s birthdays and find a way to bless everyone on their birthday.
- Find others that live near you and create a carpool.
- Offer to throw a shower for a co-worker who is having a baby.
These two sites give simple tips into how we can love and serve our neighbors. They seem very commonsensical…but that’s usually the case when it comes to sharing the love of Christ. Most of our daily interactions happen right near our homes. Here are a few of the suggestions:
- Grow a garden and give out the extra to the neighbors
- Start a walking/running group in the neighborhood.
- Invite neighbors over for dinner.
Here’s a great article by the Gospel Coalition, on why knowing your neighbor is inherent in loving them: To Love Your Neighbor, You Must Know Your Neighbor
Finally, here’s an article I wrote asking and answering some of the most difficult “obstacles” to sharing our faith, such as:
- How do you initiate Gospel conversations with people you interact with on a daily basis?
- How do you share Christ with someone who is an agnostic, and their life seems to be going well, and they seem perfectly happy without God?