In this edition of Exploring Hope, Jamie Dew talks with Derek Hicks, Henry Luce Diversity Fellow in the Divinity School at Wake Forest University, about progress, reconciliation, divisions, and other issues in race relations in the church.
1) At 9Marks, Jackie Hill-Perry gives a powerful testimony about how she met Christ and moved from Lesbianism to Complementarianism.
2) Matt Rogers, Pastor of The Church at Cherrydale and SEBTS PhD student, writes at SEND Network about the best way to write a church-planting prospectus.
3) David Brooks of the New York Times wrote an interesting op-ed on “The Cost of Relativism,” which has sparked a lot of response. See, for example, this response from Elizabeth Stoker Bruenig at The New Republic.
4) At Desiring God, David Mathis offers a strong challenge for the American church – prepare for persecution, but with confidence in the gospel.
5) Finally, Andrew Wilson traces Jesus’ thoughts about the root cause for many interpretations of the Bible; it’s human not divine.
In this edition of Exploring Hope, Jamie Dew speaks with Russell Moore, president of the ERLC, about how Christians should relate to their elected officials. What do you think?