In this episode of the Kingdom Diversity Podcast, Maliek Blade sits down with Danny Akin, President of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary to discuss the purpose of the Kingdom Diversity Initiative at Southeastern as well as the upcoming Race in America panel. To listen to this episode and others, be sure to subscribe to the Kingdom Diversity Podcast here.
We were recently privileged to have Bryan Chapell with us on campus at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. During his visit he sat down with preaching faculty Tony Merida and Jim Shaddix, as well as our President, Danny Akin, for a conversation about expository preaching.
1) At the Institute for Faith, Work, and Economics, Andrew Spencer writes about how seminary president Danny Akin spoke with facilities worker Mr. Eugene about calling, work, and service to God.
2) Tony Merida discusses the idea and importance of Christ-centered preaching at the SEND Network blog.
3) From Think Theology, Matthew Hosier describes the next great moral shift in Western society––the transgender shift––and how the church can prepare to minister to those impacted by it.
4) At Desiring God, Christian George, Assistant Professor of Historical Theology and Curator of the Spurgeon Library at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, tells the story of how Charles Spurgeon almost quit the ministry.
5) To mark its 150th anniversary, Justin Taylor posted a very interesting visual FAQ of Abraham Lincoln’s assassination.