During a recent visit to Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, David Platt chats with Jim Shaddix and Tony Merida to discuss what missions mobilization looks like.
1) Baptist Press reported on the “reset” of the IMB’s structure and strategy, unveiled by IMB president, David Platt. We note this as a reminder for all of us to pray for this work.
2) At TGC, Mark Mellinger points to the story of Matt Trexler as a powerful testimony to the grace of God in the life of a believer who openly struggles with same sex-attraction.
3) Preaching can be scary. Chuck Lawless, Dean of Graduate Studies at Southeastern, discusses ten reasons why.
4) From Ed Stetzer’s blog, SEBTS PhD Jakson Wu discusses the four keys to evangelism in honor-shame cultures. Worth reading a post that begins, “I’ll never forget when an atheist, Chinese taxi driver shared the gospel with me.”
1) If you really (like under a rock) missed it this week, David Platt was elected was the new President of the International Mission Board.
3) Speaking of David Platt, he has a post on Life on Mission over at the SEND Network.
4) Chuck Quarles, SEBTS Professor of New Testament and Biblical Theology, writes about the devil’s lie over at B&H Academic.
5) Tony Merida, Associate Professor of Preaching at SEBTS and Pastor of Imago Dei Church in Raleigh, NC, writes about the essential secret of preaching.