Are people born gay, or do they choose to be homosexual? Dr. Sam Williams and Dr. Jamie Dew explore this question in this segment of Exploring Hope. This video was filmed before Friday’s Supreme Court decision to make legal same-sex marriage in all 50 states.
1) At The Gospel Coalition, David W. Jones, professor of Christian Ethics at SEBTS, describes the five errors of the prosperity gospel. A devastatingly accurate defense of the true gospel.
2) From First Things, Colin Garbarino of Houston Baptist University defends biblical and democratic foundations of church discipline in Baptist churches.
4) From Desiring God, Fabienne Harford explores the beautifully complex and often difficult road of Christian perseverance “in disguise.”
5) Thom Rainer describes seven factors that stop the momentum, and harm the health, of a church. Bullies are one problem.
1) This week, the ERLC held its national conference. Various speakers addressed “The Gospel, Homosexuality, and the Future of Marriage.” Watch the videos of the excellent talks and helpful panel discussions at their liveblog.
3) In a continuing series, Ed Stetzer thinks about how churches can fix the biblical illiteracy problem.
4) Also at Ed Stetzer’s blog, Southeastern director of communications, Amy Whitfield writes wisely about social media, civil discourse, and the fear of missing out.
5) Today is October 31, Reformation Day. Justin Taylor offers some historical insight from Calvin on Luther’s (and his) right reasons for reforming the church.