1) Ed Stetzer made a strong argument for church planting as the key to revitalizing waning denominations.
2) From the New York Times, Ross Douthat examined the theology of President Obama, which is heavily indebted to Reinhold Niebuhr. Douthat argues that Obama’s dependence, though, reveals the limits of such theology applied to public life.
3) Also from the New York Times, David Brooks wrote a persuasive op-ed on the need for rigorous forgiveness in our society for the sake of our society. This was in response to the viral reactions to the growing Brian Williams scandal at NBC News.
4) Tim Challies penned a thoughtful and helpful set of guidelines for how he prays for God’s protection over his children.
5) Trevin Wax, SEBTS PhD student and Managing Editor of Lifeway’s Gospel Project, notes that we should not “assume evangelicalism” in presentations of the church’s mission.