Today, the Supreme Court handed down its 5-4 decision legalizing same-sex marriage nationwide. In case you (somehow) missed it, here are some of the more helpful summaries and responses to the decision. Responses against and in favor are included below.
1) For the full decision, read it here. The summary of the decision: “The Fourteenth Amendment requires a State to license a marriage between two people of the same sex and to recognize a marriage between two people of the same sex when their marriage was lawfully licensed and performed out-of-State.”
2) At the Daily Signal, Ryan Anderson provides his take on how to respond to what he calls “judicial activism” at play in this case.
3) Russ Moore offers a balanced, hopeful, and biblical response to the decision: the church should not cave nor panic.
4) At the Atlantic, David Perry discusses how, in their eyes, the Court established a new right on the basis of the history of marriage.
5) President Obama and the White House celebrate. See Twitter (@WhiteHouse, @HuffingtonPost, @nytimes, etc), the Internet at large, or this article.
6) At TGC, Trevin Wax culls the top 10 quotes from the dissenting justices.