This week, the Supreme Court heard arguments for and against states’ rights to ban same-sex marriage. The online coverage and commentary, of course, was extensive. Here are a few of the more helpful pieces we read:
1) At SCOTUS blog, Amy Howe explained the case and the questions before the court in plain English. A helpful post for you to understand the arguments and potential rulings.
2) Al Mohler discussed the foreboding language of the U.S. Solicitor General on religious liberty “issues” related to those who oppose same-sex marriage.
3) On Tuesday–the day of the Supreme Court hearing–Russ Moore offered his reflections on and prayers for the Supreme Court and the U.S.
We read many other good pieces this week. Here are just a couple that caught our eye:
4) From the Federalist, former transgender man Walt Heyer argues that Bruce Jenner should try to change his mind, not the world.
5) At SEND Network, Ryan West describes the hope many Southern Baptist churches seek to bring to Baltimore in the midst of recent riots and unrest.