In this video, Jamie Dew discusses the difference between Catholicism and Protestantism with Timothy George.
1) Justin Taylor offers a bio of Clementa C. Pinckney, the slain pastor of Mother Emanuel A.M.E. Church in Charleston, SC. Let us pray for God’s comfort and healing for this church and city.
2) At RNS, Trevin Wax discusses the declining numbers at the Southern Baptist Convention annual meeting. What do they mean in light of other numbers and trends?
3) The editors of The Stream, a helpful new website covering theology, politics, economics, and culture, describe 11 things you won’t hear from the media about Pope Francis’s recent encyclical.
4) At First Things, Timothy George describes the gimmicks that do not fit within ministry of the gospel of God.
5) From the Baptist Press, the current and several former SBC presidents united in a joint statement on the nature of Christian marriage.
1) From First Things, Timothy George discusses the need for a thicker kind of mere Christianity, the kind originally intended.
2) Michael Kruger looks at Psalm 119 and describes five things every Christian should be doing with God’s word.
3) Ross Douthat of the New York Times critiques Ann Coulter’s critique of American Christianity, that it is too focused on international efforts and not enough on the States.
4) At his blog, the Exchange, Ed Stetzer interviews SEBTS Provost Bruce Ashford about cultural engagement, in every square inch of the culture.